Monday, August 29, 2011

Wisdom from a Teapot

Are you ready for our adventure

or should we have our tea first?

~Peter Pan



This quote, seen in the window of Mrs. Robinson's Tea Shop in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, this summer makes me smile.

Sometimes we get started off on each day's adventure--no matter how mundane--without properly fortifying one's self for the day. I do this far too often: just strike out.

No breakfast? No problem. I am woman, hear me roar. (Until I run out of steam...) No time for prayer and best intentions for devotional reading? I'll 'catch up' later.

I don't want to live life playing catch up. Picking up the pieces I left behind in a rush. We only have one shot to begin today. Why not give each day's beginning our best--with a cup of tea or coffee in hand if desired?

Today's Sarah Young's Jesus Calling, a simply beautiful little book, reminds me:

Demonstrate your trust in Me by sitting quietly in My Presence. Put aside all that is waiting to be done...When you need to take action, I will guide you clearly through My Spirit and My Word...When you spend time with Me, I restore your sense of direction. As you look to me for guidance, I enable you to do less but accomplish more.

See Luke 12:22-26, Ephesians 6:12 and Proverbs 16:3

May God's Spirit help us soar when we would otherwise get bogged down operating under our own strength.

3 comments:

  1. i loved sharing some tea-time with you this weekend!! thanks again for visiting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this exercise, every morning, of seating down and listen to Him while I make a small prayer trusting him my daily work, actions and thoughts.

    Sometimes He "just" Listens but others He Asks for a little time and Makes me review something that is bothering me and that I need to resolve before starting a new day.

    How Blessed we are for Trusting and Believing Him; and by having Him Trusting in us.

    More and more we need to step away from the fast lane and enjoy peaceful moments and the silence. So we can listen, so we can get the fuel that will allow us to return to it with a smile and a sure step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete