Monday, September 20, 2010

The Night Watch


Sometimes our best thoughts and most creative ideas come in the wee hours.

When we commit the day and the night to experiencing the Presence of God, we need not be surprised that we have breakthrough moments of spiritual inspiration when we least expect it. God is not bound by time or space nor limited by our clock. Psalm 63:6 has been a favorite: "On my bed I remember You; I think of You through the watching of the night."

I have been awakened with a gentle breath and eased into a thought of some new way to approach an issue I had been praying about. Such an episode years ago prompted me to keep a pen handy bedside so that when awakened with something on my mind, I could write it down and not fight sleep trying to remember. This process has brought peaceful sleep and helps whether the thoughts that come to mind appear as 'to do' reminders or offer a more striking brush with the Spirit.

When we diligently seek wisdom and discernment, we should not be surprised to find answers along the way. Allow the Spirit to teach us throughout the day and into the night. Writing reminds me of God's faithfulness in ways big and small. Thank you for joining me on the journey!

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment